About the Club
Innovation club at National Institute of Technology was established on 21st November 2014 and it was officially inaugurated by the Honourable President of India Shri Pranab Mukharjee at NIT Yupia, Arunachal Pradesh during first convocation of the institute. The prime purpose for creating this innovation club is:
- To have a club/section for the development and creation of products and innovations which may be useful and work efficiently.
- To inculcate in the students mind, a nature of inventors.
- To encourage the students to target National and International Competitions and win such events.
- To have seminars of idea shared frequently without disturbing the institute infrastructure and curricular activities.
- To develop solutions for industrial problems so that the Institute Industry interaction strengthens which would create more Placement Opportunities.
This club has initiated an innovation practices among the students right from its inception, one innovative exhibition was conducted, where number of innovative ideas were shared, like homemade herbal grinding machine, low cost local brick manufacturer machine etc. Under the motivation of the club, students has made some innovative gadgets out of junk which was also placed for exhibition such as Laptop cooler, Luxurious chair etc
Automatic Railway Crack Detector
Description: Transport is a key necessity for specialization that allows production and consumption of products to occur at different locations.
The Indian Railway is the fourth largest network in the world carrying 18 million people to their destinations each day. More than 16,000 trains run on Railway tracks each day. But sadly every year many Train accidents happened in India.
Therefore, to avoid accidents in Indian Railway, the students of National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh are in a process of designed a robot for detection of cracks developed in railway line due to aging or other regions, based on Robotics, Satellite and Mobile Communication Technique.
Function: This project will be designed with the aim to detect any defect (breaks/cracks) in Railway line and avoid the accidents.
The Project claims to produce a prototype global positioning system (GPS), global system for mobile communication (GSM) and Interfacing with different sensors for Railway safety. This system uses two sensors namely ultrasonic sensor and IR Sensor. The IR Sensor is used to detect the cracks or breaks in Railway line and ultrasonic sensor to measure the depth of available break as well as find the obstacle on the track by producing acoustic waves
The Club is currently guided by the following faculty members:-
- Dr. Pratp Kumar Swain , Dean (R&D)
- Dr. Rajen Pudur, Assistant Professor, Dean(Exam and Acad)
- Shri Alok Majumder, Assistant professor, ECE
- Shri Manas P. Dutta, Assistant Professor, CSE
- Dr. Dipak Sen, Assistant Professor, ME