- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Electrical Engineering in Jan 2019 from NERIST, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Masters of Technology (M.Tech) in Power Electronics & Drives in 2012 from VIT University, Vellore, TN.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electronics & Instrumentation in 2010 from West Bengal University of Technology, West Bengal.
Power Electronics , Electric Drives (AC Drives), Power Converters, PWM Techniques, Control Systems, Fractional Order PID controller.
- Latest GATE qualification:- Qualified GATE 2013 in Instrumentation Engineering.
- Received CSIR-CMERI Sr Research Fellowship from 2012-2013.
- Received BEST PAPER PRESENTATION award in International SET conference at VIT, University, Vellore in 2012.
Projects are undertaken:-
- Name of the project:New Simulated Annealing Based Optimal Tunning of Fractional Order PID Controller.
- Project Sanctioning Authority: NIT Arunachal Pradesh
- Project Duration: 1 Year
- Sanctioned Amount: 5 Lakhs
- Role: PI
- Name of the Project:- Design of efficient drive train for Light Weight Electric Vehicle for Indian Road Condition.
- Project Sanctioning Authority: TEQIP-III
- Project Duration: 1 Year
- Sanctioned Amount: 2 Lakhs
- Role: PI
Professional membership details:
- Member of IEEE, USA.
List of publications:
Journals (SCI/ ESCI):
- Chatterjee, Shantanu, Prashant Kumar, and Saibal Chatterjee. “A techno-commercial review on grid connected photovoltaic system.” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (2017). Volume 81, Part 2, January 2018, Pages 2371-2397, doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.06.045 (SCI, IF:- 9.148)
Kumar, Prashant, Shantanu Chatterjee, Devnath Shah, U. K. Saha, and Saibal Chatterjee. “On comparison of tuning method of FOPID controller for controlling field controlled DC servo motor.” Cogent Engineering 4, no. 1 (2017): 1357875. Volume 4, 2017 – Issue 1, doi.org/10.1080/23311916.2017.1357875 (ESCI & Scopus)
- Chatterjee, Shantanu, and Saibal Chatterjee. “A novel speed sensor-less vector control of Dual Stator Induction machine with space vector based advanced 9-zone hybrid PWM for grid connected wind energy generation system.” Electric Power Systems Research 163 (2018): 174-195. doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2018.02.021 (SCI, IF:-2.856).
- Chatterjee, Shantanu, and Saibal Chatterjee. “A Review on the Techno-Commercial Aspects of Wind Energy Conversion System”, IET Renewable Power Generation 12, no. 14 (2018): 1581-1608. DOI: doi 10.1049/iet-rpg.2018.5197 (SCI, IF:- 3.488)
- Chatterjee, Shantanu and Saibal Chatterjee. “Stator Flux Oriented Vector Control of Dual Stator Induction Generator with time optimized 11-Zone Hybrid PWM for Grid Connected Wind Energy Generation System” IET Electric Power Application (2018), DOI: 10.1049/iet-epa.2018.5311 . (SCI, IF:- 2.211).
- Chatterjee, S., 2013. A Multilevel Inverter Based on SVPWM Technique for Photo voltaic Application. International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems (IJPEDS), 3(1), pp.62-73.
- Chatterjee, S. and Mallika, S., 2012. Cascaded Multilevel Inverter for Photovoltaic Systems With PI Control. International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 2(2), pp.1-15.
- Kumar, Prashant, Raushan Kumar, and Shantanu Chatterjee. “A Techno-economic Overview of DC-DC Converter used in Photovoltaic System.” IRJET, (2016).
- Chatterjee, S. and Chatterjee, S., Simulation of synchronous reference frame PLL based grid connected inverter for photovoltaic application. In 2015 1st Conference on Power, Dielectric and Energy Management at NERIST (ICPDEN).
- Shah, D., Chatterjee, S. and Bharati, K., 2016, April. Tuning of fractional-order PID controller-a review. In Foundations and Frontiers in Computer, Communication and Electrical Engineering: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference C2E2, Mankundu, West Bengal, India, 15th-16th January, 2016. (p. 323). CRC Press.
- Kumar, P., Das, U. and Chatterjee, S., 2016, April. A brief study on control structure of grid connected PV inverter. In Energy Efficient Technologies for Sustainability (ICEETS), 2016 International Conference on (pp. 577-582). IEEE.
- Chatterjee, S., Garg, A.K., Chatterjee, K. and Kumar, H., 2015, June. Chaotic PWM spread spectrum scheme for conducted noise mitigation in DC-DC converters. In Energy, Power and Environment: Towards Sustainable Growth (ICEPE), 2015 International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
Conferences/ Workshops Organised:
- Organised an IEEE Workshop as Convener Workshop Details: Workshop Title:- Advanced Renewable Energy System and its implications on Electrical Insulation (ARESIEI-2018) Event Date: – From 19th Feb, 2018 to 23rd Feb, 2018-03-21
Workshop Sponsors:- Financial Sponsor :- TEQIP-III
Industry Partner:- TYPHOON HILL
Technical Sponsor:- IEEE DEIS KOLKATA CHAPTER
Conferences/ Workshops Attended:
- Faculty Induction Workshop to be held during June 26-30, 2018 at IIT Kharagpur. (TEQIP Sponsored)
M.Tech students supervised/supervising
- Prashant Kumar
- Pallab Berha
- Saikat Gosh
- S R Meher
- Tapashi Hazarika
- Shyamal Kumar De
- Pranita Bashiya
- M.Tech Coordinator.
- Canteen In-charge.
- Warden Lagoon Hostel
- Power Electronics -I
- Power Electronics-II
- Electric Drives
- Control Systems
- Electrical Measurements
- Electric Machine-I
- Electric Machine-II
- Advanced Power Electronics & Drives
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems
Please Visit Google Scholar Profile:-
Please Visit ORCID Profile:-