- 2014 – Ph.D. from Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
- 2007 – Masters of Technology in Communication System Engineering from KIIT – University
- 2005 – Bachelors of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering from WBUT.
- Optical Communication, Optoelectronics and Photonics, Nonlinear Optics, Optical Networks, Solar Energy.
- D. Muchahary, S. Maity and S. K. Metya. “Modelling and analysis of temperature-dependent carrier lifetime and surface recombination velocity of Si–ZnO heterojunction thin film solar cell.” Micro & Nano Letters (2018).
- D. Sarkar, S. K. Metya, “Performance investigation of 110-Gbps optical MSK system using a Quad Mach-Zehnder IQ modulator”, Optical and Quantum Electronics, Springer, vol. 50, no. 01, pp. 40, 2018.
- D. Sarkar, S. K. Metya, “Wavelength division multiplexed passive optical network-based optical overlay of two multicast/one unicast data using intensity modulation/minimum shift keying”, Optical Engineering, SPIE, vol. 57, no. 01, pp. 40, 2018.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, J. P. Banerjee, S. S. Roy, S. K. Metya, M. Tweedie, J. A. Mclaughlin, “Effects of surface properties on fliud engineering generated by the surface driven capillary flow of water in microfluidic lab-on-a-chip systems for bioengineering applications”, Surface Review and Letters, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 1750041, 2017.
- S. Bhattacharjee, S. Maity, S. K. Metya, C. T. Bhunia, “Performance enhancement of implantable medical antenna using differential feed technique”, Engineering Science and Technology, an International, Elsevier, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 642-650, 2016.
- N. M. Devi, S. Maity, R. Saha, S. K. Metya, “RF MEMS and CSRRs-based tunable filter designed for Ku and K bands application”, Cogent Engineering, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1083641, 2015.
- S. Maity, S. K. Metya, C. T. Bhunia, P. Chakraborty, P. P. Sahu, “Improvement of front side contact and quantum efficiency of c-Si solar cell through light induced plating”, Optical and Quantum Electronics, Springer, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 3391-3404, 2015.
- S. K. Metya, V. Janyani “Improved Dispersion Tolerance of Miller Coding by Integrating Duobinary Coding”, Optical and Quantum Electronics, Springer, vol.47, no.2, pp. 125-130, Feb. 2015.
- N. Janrao, S. K. Metya and V. Janyani, “New geometry of photonic crystal fiber for improved dispersion compensation,” Journal of Modern Optics, Taylor and Francis, vol. 60, pp. 467-473, Apr. 2013.
- V. Kanungo, S. K. Metya, V. Janyani, “Segmented Cladding Index Guiding Photonic Crystal Fiber,” Optics Communication, Elsevier, vol. 297, no. 15, pp. 147-153, June 2013.
- S. K. Metya, V. Janyani, S. G. Modani and M. Najjar, “Polarization mode dispersion tolerance of Miller and Manchester signals,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, Springer, vol.45, no.3, pp.201-207, March 2013.
- S. K. Metya, V. Janyani, D. Bansal, S. G. Modani, “Miller Coding-Based Wavelength Remodulation for Optical Access Network,” Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE, vol.24, no.19, pp.1715-1717, Oct.1 2012.
- S. K. Metya, V. Janyani, S. G. Modani “Dispersion tolerance of Miller Signal in Optical Domain,” Optical Engineering, SPIE, Volume 50, Issue 12, pp. 125007-125007-6, Dec 2011.
- D. Sarkar and S. K. Metya, “3 × 40-Gbps multiplexed Optical MSK using Quad-Mach-Zehnder IQ Modulator”, 6th International Conference On Advances In Computing & Communications, ICACC 2016, Cochin, 6-8 September 2016.
- S. R. Paul and S. K. Metya, “Importance of FDTD in plasmonic devices”, 2016 IEEE Students’ Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science, Bhopal, 2016.
- P. Bhattacharjee, A. J. Mondal, A. Majumder and S. K. Metya, “Amplifier Design and Optimization Using Non Linear Programming”, 26th Conference Radioelektronika 2016, April 19-20, Koˇsice, Slovak Republic.
- N. Janrao, R. Zafar, S. K. Metya and V. Janyani, “Improved Efficiency and Enhanced Slow Light Performance in Photonic Crystal Waveguides using Rectangular Unit Cells,” International Conference on Communication and Electronics System Design (ICCESD-2013), January 28-30, 2013.
- Principle of Communication Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Digital Communication Engineering
- Power Electronics Devices and Circuits
- Wireless Sensor Network
- Member of IEEE.
- Member of SPIE, USA.
- Life Member of IAENG.
- Nodal officer of National Pension Scheme from Apr. 2019 onwards
- Deputy Registrar I/C (Finance) from Feb. 2018 to Mar. 2019
- Dean-In-Charge (Faculty Welfare / Academic) from Aug. 2017 to Sep. 2017
- Dean-In-Charge (Faculty Welfare / Finance & Accounts) from Jun. 2016 to Aug. 2017
- Head of the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering from Jan. 2016 to June 2016.
- Internal Auditor from Jul. 2015 to Dec. 2015.
- Chairman of Physical Verification Committee from Feb. 2015 to Dec. 2015.
- Lab In-Charge of Communication Laboratory from July 2017 onwards
Students Supervised / Supervising
- Deboraj Muchahary, Theoritical study and modelling of ZnO/c-Si heterojunction based thin film solar cell, 2016 – till date
- Sayan Sikder, Development of efficient Ensemble for Classification, 2016 – till date
- Papul Changmai, Estimation of maximum power, generated from a total cross tied connected PV array during partial shading condition, 2016 – till date
- Debanjan Sarkar, Analysis of optical MSK & its application in WDM PON, 2016 – till date
- Deekshikha Mahanta, Design of highly non linear fiber based magnitude comparator, 2016-18
- Ajaykumar Shivshankar Prasad, Supercontinuum generation in photonic crystal fiber, 2016-18
- Gaurav Shukla, Energy Conservation in wireless sensor network using different protocols, 2015-17
- Gaurav Kumar Yadav, Design of all optical computing based on Terahertz Optical Asymmetrical Demultiplexer, 2015-17
- Saswati Rudra Paul, Effects of structural parameters of photonic crystal fiber on propagation, 2014-16
- Debanjan Sarkar, Minimum Shift Keying based optical transmission system, 2014-16