Dr. Anup Paul received his PhD from IIT Madras in 2015 and worked as Assistant Professor at Tezpur University before joining NIT Arunachal Pradesh in 2015.
Dr. Anup Paul is working in the field of biological heat transfer and fluid flow, laser mediated hyperthermia treatment in presence of nanoparticles etc. He has previously worked on thermal ablation of bio-tissues embedded with large blood vessels during NIR Laser assisted plasmonic photo-thermal therapy. Currently, he is working on laser assisted photo-thermal heating of skin embedded with vscular trees, Microwave tumor ablation, heat and flow maldistribustion in microchannel heat sink, Thermo-hydro dynamics of droplet impacts.
- Ph.D. – 2015 (IIT Madras)
- M. Tech – 2008 (BPUT, Rourkela)
- B. Tech – 2005 (NERIST)
- Assistant Professor, Grade I- NIT Arunachal Pradesh (June 2019 to Till date)
- Assistant Professor, Grade II- NIT Arunachal Pradesh (December 2015 to June 2019)
- Assistant Professor – Tezpur University (May’ 2015 to Dec’2015)
Current Research Topic
My research group (which currently consists of 2 Ph.D scholar and 2 M.Tech students) is in general inclined towards the following:
- Understanding the tissue-thermal behavior under the influence of different external sources such as Laser, Microwave, Ultrasound etc.
- Experimental and numerical study of microwave heating of nanofluids.
- Two phase modeling of nanofluid flow in non-conventional microchannel systems.
- Thermo-hydro dynamics of droplet impacts.
If you are interested in our work, drop in an e-mail with your academic credentials and I will let you know about all the possibilities.
Publications (International journals)
- Abhijit Paul, Anup Paul, Thermomechanical Analysis of a Triple Layered Skin Structure in Presence of Nanoparticles Embedding Multi-level Blood Vessels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 148, 2020, 119076. Elsevier, (IF: 4.346).
- Abhijit Paul, Anup Paul, Computational Study of Photo-thermal Ablation of Large Blood Vessel Embedded Tumor using Localized Injection of Gold Nanoshells. Journal of Thermal Biology, 78, 2018, pp-329-342. Elsevier, (IF: 2.157).
- Anup Paul, Purbarun Dhar, Arunn Narasimhan, Sarit K Das, Analytical prediction of sub–surface thermal history in translucent tissue phantoms during plasmonic photo–thermotherapy. Journal of Thermal Biology, (62, part B) 2016, pp-143-149. Elsevier, (IF: 2.157).
- Anup Paul, Arunn Narasimhan, Sarit K Das, Soujit Sengupta, T Pradeep , Subsurface Thermal Behavior of Tissue Mimics Embedded with Large Blood Vessels During Plasmonic Photo-thermal Therapy (PPTT). International Journal of Hyperthermia, 32(7), 2016, pp-765-777, Taylor Francis. (IF: 3.361).
- Anup Paul, Arunn Narasimhan, Sarit K Das, Investigation of thermal damage of tissues embedded with large blood vessels during Plasmonic Photo-thermal Heating (PPTH), Int. J. Num. Meth. Heat and Fluid flow, 26 (2) 2016, pp-461-476. Emarald. (IF: 1.713).
- Anup Paul, Arunn Narasimhan, Franz J. Kahlen, Sarit K Das, Temperature Evolution in Tissues Embedded with Large Blood Vessels During Photo-thermal Heating, Journal of Thermal Biology, (41) 2014, pp-77-87, Elsevier,(IF: 2.157).
- Anup Paul, Nanda Kishor Bandaru, Arunn Narasimhan, Sarit K Das, Subsurface Tumor Ablation with Near infrared Radiation Using Intratumoral and Intravenous Injection of Nanoparticles, Int. J. Micro-Nano Scale Transport, (5) 2014, pp-69-80. Multiscience, USA.
- Abhijit Paul, Anup Paul, Investigation of Nanoparticle Infused Tumor Necrosis Embedding Large Blood Vessels During Hyperthermia Treatment, ThermaComp2018, July 9-11, 2018, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, INDIA. ISSN 2305-6924.
- Atisha Chhajed, Anup Paul, Investigation of geometrical parameters on hydrodynamic performance within U type wavy microchannel system, ICAST-2018, 4-5 May, 2018, SKIT, Jaipur, INDIA.
- Anup Paul, Nanada Kishor Bhandaru, Arunn Narasimhan, Sarit K Das, Tumor Ablation with Near-Infrared Radiation using Localized Injection of Nanoparticles, DOI: 1615/IHTC15.bma.009715, begell house, IHTC-15, August 10-15, 2014, Kyoto, Japan.
- Anup Paul, Arunn Narasimhan, Sarit K. Das, Steady temperature distribution of tissue embedded with large blood vessels during photo-thermal therapy,(HMTC1300070). Proceedings of the ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, December 28-31, 2013, IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Anup Paul, Arunn Narasimhan, Sarit K Das, Study of thermal damage of tissues embedded with large blood vessels during photo-thermal heating, 3rd International Conference on Computational Methods for Thermal Problems, June 2–4, 2014, Lake Bled, Slovenia. ISSN: 2305-5995.
- Attended STTP on “Evaluating Students’ performance & Designing Question Papers”, NITTTR extn., Guwahati, during 14th to 18th October 2019.
- Delivered invited lecture on FDP on “Multidisciplinary Innovations in Engineering and Science for Sustainable Development”, GCT Coimbatore, during 5th to 9th August 2019.
- Attended GIAN course on “Sustainable Cooling Technologies”, NIT Agartala, during 2nd July to 13th July 2018.
- Delivered invited lecture on “Tumor Ablation during LASER assisted Plasmonic Photo-Thermal Therapy (PPTT)“, USTM Meghalaya, 24th February 2018.
- Attended AICTE-NEQIP sponsored short-term course on “Advances in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Applications” organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tezpur University, during 20th – 24th July, 2015.
- Presented (oral) research paper in, IHTC-15, August 10-15, 2014, Kyoto, Japan.
- Presented (oral) research paper in 3rd International Conference on Computational Methods for Thermal Problems, June 2–4, 2014, Lake Bled, Slovenia.
- Presented (oral) research paper in Proceedings of the ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, December 28-31, 2013, IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Presented Poster in Research Scholars Day, IIT Madras, 2014.
- Participated and volunteered in “21st National and 10th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, December 28-30, 2011, IIT Madras, India.
- Participated in STTP on “Computational Fluid Dynamics for Chemical and Petroleum Engineers”, June 8-12, 2009, IIT Guwahati, India.
- Participated in AICTE-ISTE sponsored STTP on “Failure Analysis of Engineering Materials”, March 9-14, 2009, GIET Gunupur, Orissa.
1. Thermodynamics (UG) 2. Applied Thermodynamics (UG) 3. Advanced Heat Transfer (UG) 4. Design of Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (PG) 5. Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (UG) 6. Heat Transfer (UG) 7. Theory of Machines (UG) 8. Research Methodology & Experimental Methods (PG) 9. Basic Elements of Mechanical Engineering (UG) 10. Creative Design (UG) 11. Conduction and Radiation (PG)
- HoD, Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh, from December’ 2018 – Present
- Nodal Officer, for booking the Air Ticket, National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh, from February’ 2018 – Present
- Faculty-in-Charge, Transport, National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh, from January’ 2018 – February’2019
- Warden, Deer Hall of Residence. National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh, from August’ 2016 – August’ 2017
- Departmental Secretary of DPPC (Departmental Postgraduate Programme Committee), Mechanical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh, from August’ 2017 – Present
- Faculty In-charge of ME Deptt. for NMEICT, MHRD, Govt. of India sponsored Spoken tutorial programme, Mechanical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh, from May’ 2016 – Present
- Faculty In-charge, R & AC Lab, Mechanical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh, from 2016 – Present
- Study of interaction between liquid droplet and solid surfaces with variant wettability, from 2019-20. sanctioned budget: 2L; Funded by: TEQIP-III
- Numerical and Experimental investigation of effect of thermally significant blood vessels during laser assisted thermal therapy, from 2017-2020.
sanctioned budget: 30L; Funded by: SERB, DST(GoI)
- Amrita Sharma, Thermo-hydro dynamics of droplet impacts, 2019-till date
- Abhijit Paul, Investigation of tumor necrosis during laser assisted thermal therapy, 2017-till date
- Viplav Singh Rawat, Thermohydrodynamic maldistribution of nanofluids in wavy-microchannel cooling systems, 2018-19
- Dhiraj Kumar, Experimental investigation of microwave heating of tissue mimics in presence of nanoparticles, 2018-19
- Amrita Sharma, Thermohydrodynamic maldistribution in microchannel cooling systems with non-conventional configurations, 2018-19
- Atisha Chhajed, Investigation of flow maldistribution in microchannel heat sink, 2017- 2018
- Rahul kishore Rajput, Cooling effect of blood vessels during plasmonic photo-thermal therapy, 2017- 2018
- Kapil, Cooling effect of blood vessels during microwave thermal therapy, 2017- 2018
Google Scholar Profile: