Prof. Pinakeswar Mahanta
National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
Pinakeswar Mahanta is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. His major area of research is on thermodynamics, heat transfer and renewable energy. He has established an international platform for research in the area of bio-energy with University of Nottingham, University of Birmingham, and Loughborough University, UK. Similarly, he has established collaboration in the field of clean coal technology with University of Cranfield, UK and UCL, Belguim. He has published more than 157 papers in internationally reputed peer reviewed journals and supervised 15 PhDs, guided 15 M. TECH projects, 24 B.Tech projects guided and Mentored 01 PDF too. Currently, he holds the position of the Director and affiliate Professor in Mechanical Engineering at National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh.
- Ph. D in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- B. Sc. (Engineering) Mechanical Engineering, Regional Engineering College Rourkela .
Administrative Experience/ Post(s) & responsibilities held:
- Director, NIT Arunachal Pradesh (14-09-2018 to till date)
- Officiating Director, Director, IIIT Bhagalpur (June 2017 to Sep. 2018)
- Dean of faculty affairs, IIT Guwahati (01-09-2014 to 31-08-2017)
- Head, Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati (12-01-2012 to 3-09-2014)
- Head, Centre for Energy, IIT Guwahati (17-4-2004 to 02-08-2011)
Academic/Teaching Experience & responsibilities
- Professor (HAG) in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati (w.e.f 01-05-2014)
- Professor in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati (10-04-2008 to 30-04-2014)
- Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati (14-10-2004 to 09-04-2008)
- Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati (23-01- 2001 to 13-10-2004)
- Assistant Executive Engineer, Govt. of Assam (May- 1986-January, 2001)