“A scientist can discover a new star, but he cannot make one. He would have to ask an engineer to do it for him” — Gordon L. G.
1. To offer UG, PG, and Doctoral Programs in various interdisciplinary, intradisciplinary and emerging topics.
2. To create ambient for entrepreneurship development with resource utilization of NE region.
3. To encourage students for education, research and innovation.
4. To create human resource with high ethical value.
5. To encourage collaborative work between industry and Institute.
6. To develop state of the art laboratory for UG and PG course as well as research purpose.
7. Growth of research in niche area like robotics, fuel cell, manufacturing etc.
About the department:
Mechanical Engineering is one of the major engineering disciplines. Its principles are
involved in the design, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and
systems that modern technology produces. Mechanical engineers are also concerned with the
operations of all kinds of machineries and the production of power. They must conceive
research, design, develop, test, manufacture and sell equipment for these purposes. It is one
of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Arunachal
Pradesh was established in August 2013. The department offers four-year degree B.Tech in
Mechanical Engineering with an annual intake of 40 students. The Department is going to
start PG programme (2 years M.Tech.) in Fluids and Thermal Engineering with an intake of
20 students from July 2019 and has also initiated research programme leading to Ph.D from
This department offers the following programmes:
- This department offers the following course:
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (4 Years)
- M.Tech. in Mechanical System Design & Innovation Technology (2 Years)
- M.Tech. in Fluids and Thermal Engineering (2 Years)
- Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering
List of Publications (Journal) by the Faculty Members:
|Dr. D Sen||4||1||1||2||1||25|
|Dr. M D Ghatak||4||1||2||2||1||65|
|Dr. A Paul||2||–||3||–||1||38|
|Dr. P K Mohanty||3||1||3||–||–||–|
|Mr S K Mandal||–||–||1||2||–||–|
|Mr. S Das||–||–||1||4||2||10|
Departmental Research Projects:
1. The lists of externally funded sponsored projects:
|Project Title||Investigator||Funding Agencies||Sanctioned Amount (Lakh)||Status|
|Numerical and Experimental investigation of effect of thermally significant blood vessels during laser assisted thermal therapy||Dr. Anup Paul||SERB||30L||Ongoing|
|Modeling, Fabricating and Motion Planning For Maximum Mobility of Quadrupedal Robot|| |
|Use of higher percentage of|
Methanol fuel in a diesel engine
|Dr. Dipak Sen (PI)|
Mr. S K Mandal (Co-PI)
2. The lists of externally funded Start-up Grants:
|Project Title||Coordinator||Funding Agencies||Sanctioned Amount (Lakh)||Amount Received (Lakh)|
3. The lists of Start-up projects (Sponsored by NITAP)
|Project Title||Coordinator||Department||Sanctioned Amount (Lakh)|
Department of Mechanical Engineering » Laboratories
The department provides the basic laboratories so as to build a perfect base to the professional carrier of the students. The laboratories which are fully functional at this period of time are:
List of Laboratories
Smithy & Foundry Shop
Strength of Material Laboratory
A)Dynamics of Machine Laboratory
B)Measurement & Metrology Laboratory
E)Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory
F)Basic Thermodynamics Laboratory
H)Heat Transfer Laboratory
I)I.C. Engine Laboratory